One Seg Tuner Developed for iPhone 3G
TOKYO, October 30, 2008 --- SOFTBANK BB Corp. and SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. today announced the launch of its ‘TV&Battery’ device, a recharger and One Seg mobile TV tuner which will be available for iPhone 3G. The new development will bring One Seg broadcasting*1 to iPhone 3G in mid-December and will be available from SoftBank retailers throughout Japan.
The TV&Battery accessory has a built-in One Seg tuner that connects to the iPhone 3G via Wi-Fi. Once connected, customers can select and view programming*1 with a free application available from the Apple App Store. The TV&Battery unit can be recharged by connecting to an AC power supply or USB port of a Mac or PC using the USB-miniB USB cable*2 that comes with the pack.
2.Main specifications (planned)
|Size (W x H x D)
||Approx. 50 × 85 × 16mm
|Battery life for continuous viewing of One Seg
||Approx. 3 hrs.*3
|Recharging time (AC adapter / USB port)
||Approx. 2 hrs. / approx. 4 hrs.
- *1 To view One Seg broadcasting on your iPhone 3G, it is necessary to download a free application for viewing One Seg from App Store and install it on your iPhone 3G.
- *2 Do not connect the USB-miniB USB cable to a USB port other than that on Apple's ultracompact USB power adapter or a USB port on a PC.
- *3 When viewing One Seg using Wi-Fi. This is an estimated figure from fully charged to level 1 (i.e., approx. 10% remaining) calculated on the assumption that a fully charged new battery pack is connected to the iPhone 3G with the brightness set to “2” and using the optional earphone-microphone. This figure may not be achieved depending on conditions of use.
Viewing One Seg broadcasting image
Recharging iPhone 3G image
- ends -
- * © 2008 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh and iPhone are trademarks of Apple.
- * The trademark ‘iPhone’ is used with a license from Aiphone K.K.
- * iPhone 3G may be configured to work only with the wireless services of a single wireless operator.
- * Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- * TV&Battery is a trademark of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- * The names of the companies, products and services used in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.